|Mapa ng Marinduque kung saan makikita ang Barangay Alobo, Sta. Cruz, Marinduque|
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Wednesday said it has declared failure of elections in 11 towns in eight provinces across Visayas and Mindanao.
In a resolution, the poll body’s en banc ordered the conduct of elections in identified barangays on May 14, Saturday.
Military and police forces were ordered to “intensify efforts to ensure the holding of orderly and peaceful” polls.
Failure of elections affected 52 clustered precincts and a total of 17,657 voters.
Areas affected are as follows:
- Barangay Gabi, Cordova, Cebu — 1 clustered precinct, 436 of 772 registered voters
- Maitum, Sarangani — 1 clustered precinct, 677 registered voters
- Sta. Cruz, Marinduque — 1 clustered precinct, 621 registered voters
- Barangay Mabuyong, Anini-y, Antique — 1 clustered precinct, 691 registered voters
- Barangay Insubuan, San Remigio, Antique — 1 clustered precinct, 158 voters
- Barangay Roxas, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar — 1 clustered precinct, 169 registered voters
- Nagpapacao, Matuguinao, Western Samar — 1 clustered precinct, 285 registered voters
- Binidayan, Lanao del Sur — all 26 clustered precincts, 7,845 registered voters
- Pata, Sulu — 6 clustered precincts, 1,670 registered voters
- Panglima Estino, Sulu — 10 clustered precincts, 4,058 registered voters
- Tamparan, Lanao del Sur — 3 clustered precincts, 1,047 registered voters
The en banc has ordered the suspension of proclaiming the winning candidates if the special elections will affect the results.
Source and courtesy: ALG, GMA News