BOAC, Marinduque – Congressman Lord Allan Q. Velasco, Representative of the Lone District of Marinduque met the officials of Marinduque Electric Cooperative (Marelco) and Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) on August 18, 2016 to discuss his plans and projects for the province.
In a Facebook account of Congressman Velasco, he posted “After my meeting with the board and officers of Marelco discussing the power situation in Marinduque, I went directly to a working lunch with DENR officials to discuss my planned and proposed projects for Marinduque and of course discussed about the Marcopper situation in the province. These are preliminary talks with the DENR and would be meeting with the DENR secretary soonest”.
According to Velasco, among the things that discussed were:
1. Setting up of marine reserves;
2. Planting of a certain species of mangrove that attracts fireflies to replicate the firefly tours in Iwahig, Palawan and in Donsol, Sorsogon;
3. Establishment of a bamboo park;
4. Solution to the Marcopper road going up to District 6 of Sta. Cruz;
5. Setting up of dive sites around the province;
6. Discussed about the problem with the structure of the dam and monitoring systems to be in place and also the supposed leak in the river, and;
7. Development of Calancan Bay into ecotourism area.
In a similar post, Marinduquenos shows their support and pray that all projects and initiatives of the congressman will materialize.
Photo courtesy: Lord Allan Velasco Facebook account
Latest posts by Romeo A. Mataac, Jr. (see all)
- Torrijos, tumanggap ng ‘gold performance award’ sa kampanya kontra droga - March 13, 2019
- Pawikan nailigtas sa bayan ng Buenavista - March 8, 2019
- Biyahe ng eroplano sa Marinduque tuloy na sa Abril 1 - March 6, 2019