TORRIJOS, Marinduque – Isa ang probinsya ng Marinduque sa sampung lugar na inilarawan sa artikulong “10 Great Biking Destinations in Luzon” na inilathala ni Kara Santos sa kanyang blog na Travel Up.
Sa paglalarawan sa Marinduque, sinabi ni Santos, “Marinduque is an island province in the Philippines located in the Southwestern Tagalog region. It’s known as one of the most peaceful provinces in the country due to its low crime rate and for cyclists, the laid-back island offers an appealing destination. Marinduque has about 150 kms of paved circumferential road known and some very beautiful uncrowded beaches.”
“The Marinduque Loop (where you circle the entire island by bike) is a great route with steady climbs, rewarding downhills and lots of scenic spots. For those based in Manila, you can opt to bring bicycles on the ferry crossing the island for a day trip or at least an overnight biking trip”, dagdag pa ng may-akda.
Narito ang detalye ng Marinduque loop:
- Distance from Manila: 3 to 5 hours by land travel (depending on the traffic) plus 2.5 – 3 hours by sea travel (Roll-on Roll-off Ferry)
- How to get there: From Manila, ride a JAC Liner bus going to Dalahican Port in Lucena. They have various pick-up points with main bus terminals in Cubao (Edsa corner Kamias) and Buendia. Then board the RoRo from Dalahican Port in Lucena to Balanacan Port in Marinduque. There are numerous ferry trips daily via Montenegro and Starhorse Shipping Lines.
- Best time to go to Marinduque: Holy Week is especially vibrant as this is when one of the oldest religious festivals is celebrated here. December to February before Holy Week is a good time to visit if you don’t want it to be too crowded. It can get hot and humid during summer months starting February. Not recommended during rainy season because of potentially rough sea travel.
- Bike rentals or tours: You can bring your bikes on board the bus and ferry.
Ang iba pang kabilang sa “10 Great Biking Destinations in Luzon” ng Travel Up ay ang Corregidor Island, Bataan, Rizal, Mt. Pinatubo, Gen. Nakar sa Quezon, Mayon Volcano Natural Park, Cordillera Administrative Region, Sagada at Batanes. –Marinduquenews.com
Latest posts by Romeo A. Mataac, Jr. (see all)
- Humble beginning of Marinduque News - October 19, 2019
- Quads born in Marinduque, the Philippines only quadruplets - October 10, 2019
- Ika-100 taon ng Marinduque, ipagdiriwang sa Pebrero 2020 - October 3, 2019